Thanks for stopping by. If you’re here for my professional information, here’s the short version:
- I teach Middle & Upper school students at The Waterford School (2015-present)
- I’m also a 10th grade advisor, new faculty mentor, and board and card game club sponsor
- Ph.D. | U.S. Political History, University of Southern California (2010)
- University lecturer | California State University campuses (2011-2015)
- Research Fellow at the Institute on California and the West (2010-2012)
- Freelance writer on politics, public policy, religion, and memoir
You’ll find details through the tabs up top and the links on the right. Or go ahead and contact me directly. I’m always on the lookout for new opportunities.
Some biographical bits, in case you are looking to start a conversation:
- I’m a Westerner and an Urbanite – born in Seattle, raised in Phoenix, moved to Southern California for college and grad school, now living outside of Salt Lake City.
- I’m a reader – Favorite genres include African American Lit, memoir, fantasy, science fiction, and “books with that small town feel.” (See my “Commentary” section for book reviews and teaching reflections.)
- I’m a family man – married to a SugarHero and raising a sweet boy.
- I’m an organization man – I prize working at an institution whose mission I value and where I am invited to innovate in furthering the institution’s goals.