I am a dynamic, engaging teacher with success at all age levels. Before moving into the Independent School world, I taught college courses in American history and American Studies.
Since 2015, I’ve been teaching history at The Waterford School. There I’ve taught:
- Human Geography — Our foundational Upper School course for class 9. An introduction to social science concepts and exploration of the global present.
- Exchanges & Encounters — Our new course on the medieval world for class 8.
- U.S. History — Class 11 course in my area of expertise.
- Ancient History — Our previous class 8 course, which I created and taught for three years.
- Various Senior Electives — Including False History, a course using literature to discuss historical methods.
For more on my approaches in individual classes, use the tabs below the page header.